Here you will find some of the most common questions our
customer would ask:
How much it will cost me to repair my antique radio?
The price would depend on severity of the problems your
- Is it working a bit right now?
- Can you hear some stations or hum only? Is there an external
- Does your radio light up and could you see the tubes filament
on? Does your radio have " magic eye" tube and does it glow green?
- Is there any trace of burn or burning odor? That would indicate
dead short in power supply and even a possibility of a power transformer burned.
- Does the dial string work and could you see the pointer
- How many tube does your radio or equipment have?
- How much rust is on the chassis?
- To your knowledge, was your radio repaired or attemp has
been made by somebody before?
- What kind of radio do you have (antique car or auto radio,
table model, console or floor model, wood finish or plastic etc.)
- Do you want to have a cabinet restored too and in what shape
it is now (veneer ok, peeling, water damaged)
- What level of restoration do you want?
How old is your radio? (approximate age, if known)
Make and model number - serial number does not
help at all.
For questions about shipping , go to free estimate page
Complete overhaul, preventive maintenance, alignment,
speaker grill replaced if needed and all components checked, all leaky paper capacitors
and filters replaced, tubes checked and weak ones replaced, IF and RF aligned for
peak performance, cleaned all controls and switches, replaced power cord, all brittle
wires replaced, all resitors checked and replaced if out of tolerrance, radio is
test runned for 1 day, 1 year warranty on supplied parts and labour
How much is my radio and what is the value of my set?
The value of your radio depends on several factors. First one is the shape
your radio is in. Second factor is the make and model number or your radio. (if you
could provide this information, I would be able to look it up in latest price guides)
(This informatios is FREE to those who would ask.) The third and the most important
factor is : Is your radio restored completely (cabinet and electronic) or does
it work a bit, sometimes maybe? For example : I have, I think 1940
Zenith console radio Model 12S345, no sound, hums only, "magic eye" does
not light up green, cabinet is in excellent condition.
When you want to e-mail me, make sure
you have your e-mail correct. I will answer all e-mails within 24 hrs. If you DID
NOT get repply, YOUR e-mail address WAS WRONG !
From this and some other questions I should be able to
give you an approximate price. The best way would be to e-mail us or call
at (705) 723-5333. All estimates are free of charge and no deposit is required
before the repair.